Step 5 : Engage Board Members Wisely
Well-run boards start with a focused and professional board recruitment.
Effective board recruitment will:
- Define the skills you need on your board
- Create a Board Recruitment Packet
- Proactively solicit board candidates from various sources
- Match Skills and Interests with those you need
- Communicate effectively with all candidates during and after the process.
For a free article, click on this title: “11 Questions to Ask Before You Become a Board Member”
To improve your board recruitment, read about “Purposeful Board Recruitment” booklet at The Market.
New board members are informed and inspired at an annual orientation.
Include a discussion about board governance.
Describe the roles and responsibilities of boards.
Assign your new board members to committees so they can become productively quickly.
Create opportunities for your board members to meet clients and observe programs.
To improve your board orientation, read about “Engaging Board Orientations” booklet at The Market.