8 Best Practices about Your Mission Statement
Filed under Board/Staff Relationship · Tagged: Mission Statement, Nonprofit Board, Nonprofit Mission Statement
1. The Mission Statement should be short and sweet – a compelling and inspiring statement about what is being delivered by the organization.
2. The board, staff and volunteers should revisit the mission annually.
3. Discussion of the mission statement should be a prominent part of all orientations.
4. The mission statement should be on all literature, on the web site, and posted in the workplace.
5. Start every meeting with a “Mission Minute” – someone telling a story about a client or the organization’s contribution.
6. The mission statement should be written on all board and staff agendas.
7. The mission statement should be on all board minutes.
8. All staff, board and volunteers should KNOW the mission (by heart).